Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Good Can Come From Evil


For those of you who know me, you know how much I love graphic novels. Not manga, mind you, though I don't begrudge the back-to-front-manga-loving-readers. And I'm not crazy about comics of the Marvel oeuvre. Nor am I all that interested in reading the other kind of comics: the Sunday Funnies comics. Too short and disjointed for my taste.
It's those graphic novels that provide amazing individualistic artistic style combined with a heartfelt or thought-provoking story. 
One such graphic novel is Stephen Collin's The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil. 
Collin's artistic style is more artistic than your average illustrator. You'll find lots of hatch marks, shading; a nice use of gradation. I also liked the way told the story through creative paneling.
So, if you're in the mood for a thought-provoking, artsy graphic novel, look no further. You'll find it all in this one. 

No comments:

Archive

Labels

Hit Counter