Sunday, December 14, 2008

Americans Born Reading-More Reviews from the Book Group

Before I list the reviews, I must first deliver an important bulletin. Ahem. ATTENTION: The Teen Book Discussion Group has been consumed by BookTRON: Teens Read Outrageously Now, and will respond to no other name. That is all.

And now, I know you are dying to find out what BookTRON thought of American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang, the autobiographical story of the son of Chinese immigrants and a Monkey King [Note upon later reflection: This is not to say that the hero of this book was created as the result of a union between Chinese immigrants and a Monkey King. What I mean is that there is a son-of-immigrants and there is also a Monkey King in the story. Watch your grammer, friends.]. This is the first graphic novel we have read and discussed, and it was a hit:

BookTRON says:

  • "Hilarious!"
  • "Totally an all-age book."
  • "It's a nice quick read if you have the time to sit down and look at it."
  • "Humorous and unexpected, while still telling a good story."
  • "The Monkey King is really cool!"
  • "It was funny!"
  • "I think there should be a sequel!"
  • "I am the monkey king; I can do anything."

No comments:

Archive

Labels

Hit Counter