Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Randomness from the Web

Vote now (for your Teen Top Teen). It's Teen Read Week and time for you to vote for your favorite reads. Vote here before midnight on Saturday! Go now!

For serious news...the National Book Award Finalists have been named. This is an award given to writers from writers. The finalists in the Young People's Literature category include the following:

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Underneath by Kathi Appelt
What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp.*

And true confession from your librarian, I have read one of the above titles. Shocking! Just means I have some (more) books to add to my reading list! Have you read any of these? What did you think? Comment now!

And now for something fun and completely time consuming -- sand art. Thanks to this blog I follow (thanks, Big A little a!) I zoned out to pretty colors of sand. It took all of my concentration to stop. Have fun!

*Titles underlined link to our catalog.

No comments:

Archive

Labels

Hit Counter