Friday, October 10, 2008

More Rave Reviews from the Teen Book Group

'Tis time for another batch of reviews from the fabulously critical member of the Teen Book Discussion Group. Feel free to comment, and if you want to be a part of the group, just stop by the Children's Reference Desk to register and pick up a free copy of new month's book, An Abundance of Katherines.

This month's book was Life as We Knew It, by Susan Beth Pfeffer, a harrowing account, through a 15-year-old's journal entries, of the catastrophic consequences when an asteroid knocks the moon closer to the Earth.

Teen on the Street (or in the Puett Room) Reviews:

*No comment.

*Close to what could happen [in real life].

*If I wrote a book like this, I would include Godzilla.

*The cover freaked me out, but the book was good.

*The book was so awesome that the title as an option for my future band name, and the cover.

*SPOILER ALERT* I really, really liked the ending. I though it was gonna be one of those sad lame books that want you to think about life and how it sucks, but I think books should always end happily. Who needs books about life? We're IN life!! I want to read something HAPPY.

No comments:

Archive

Labels

Hit Counter