Sunday, August 24, 2008

Freshly Sharpened Pencils

The end of summer always brings up mixed feelings for me. I hate to see all those long days of reading go away, but I love school-time. Yes, I was a strange teenager who anxiously awaited collecting my textbooks and class syllabi. So what? Anway...this nostalgic feeling had me putting together a book display in the Young Adult Room (check it out!) of some of my favorite stories that, naturally, take place at school.


Among my favs -- Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-Fatah, The Plain Janes by Cecil Castellucci, and Schooled by Gordon Korman.


The Fall Flyer is also ready! Find out what cool stuff Lisa and I have planned for you all. A new writing group, more anime fun, and a pirate party! Argh!

No comments:

Archive

Labels

Hit Counter